IS Local FAQ
Listed below are the most frequently asked questions for the IS Local Series. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for please contact our Technical Support team.
To view a list of all IS Local Series stations, click here.
- IS Local:The IS Series Local System requires at least on IS-CCU for IS stations to connect to, and these stations are not network-based.
- IS IP:The IS IP Series is a network-based version of the IS Series which utilizes a network to communicate, relying on one of the stations to act as the Host of the system.
- IS Hybrid:The IS Series Hybrid System uses the IS-IPC to allow IS Local and IS IP stations to communicate as part of the same system.
IS Series exchange units (IS-CCU/SCU/RCU) have a maximum wiring distance of 650’ from the exchange unit they are connected to.
For more information about wire types and distances, refer to the IS Series Local System installation manual.
- Call a specific Master Station from the address book
- Call a specific Door Station from the address book
- Call a zone
- Initiate a Page to all stations or to a zone
Note: The speed dial buttons on the IS-MV cannot be programmed to release a door, activate a contact input, or activate a contact output. Click here for instructions on configuring the speed dial buttons.
- Pair 1, pins 4,5 (Blue/Blu-Wht): Audio Signal
- Pair 2, pins 1,2 (Org-Wht/Org): Data Signal
- Pair 3, pins 3,6 (Grn-Wht/Grn): Video Signal
- Pair 4, pins 7,8 (Brn-Wht/Brn): Power (7 = Negative, 8 = Positive)
- 44.1 kHz
- Max size = 2.5Mb
- Remove any IDV2 or IDV3 tags You can load a maximum of 15 files.
Note: You can create a maximum of 20 sound sequence files.