Listed below are the most frequently asked questions for the AX Series. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for please contact our Technical Support team.
- Pair 1 (pins 4&5): High Impedance Video signal
- Pair 2 (pins 1&2): Video power (orange +, o/w -)
- Pair 3 (pins 3&6): Audio Hot
- Pair 4 (pins 7&8): Audio Ground
- The cable to connect your computer to the Central Exchange Unit needs to be a “USB Type-A to Serial” cable. The serial connector also requires a gender changer. Note that the USB to serial cable provided with the system also includes the required gender changer.
- Ensure the USB to Serial cable is displayed in the programming PC’s “Device Manager”. It should be found under “Ports (COM & LPT)”. Note that if the included Aiphone USB to Serial is being used, it will be named “Prolific USB to Serial Cable” here.If the cable shows up in Device Manager, ensure that the correct COM port is selected in the AX Setup Tool. See the AX Series QuikStart Guide for more detailed instructions on this process.
- If the provided Aiphone USB to Serial cable is not shown in the Device Manager, install the drivers found here, reconnect the cable and relaunch the programming software.
Once the setting changes have been made, go to “Tools > CEU >Upload” to update the Central Exchange Unit.
The Central Exchange Unit requires an analog phone connection (POTs) to place a call, and a digital line will not allow CO transfer to operate properly.
Note that this function is a transfer, and not a direct call. The transfer must be enabled on the master station by pressing the Transfer button first.