Listed below are the most frequently asked questions for the KB Series. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for please contact our Technical Support team.
To view a list of all KB Series stations, click here.
Click here to view the KB Series installation manual.
The RY-24L is always recommended when using door release, regardless of power requirements, to protect the KB station from power surges or other power-related events. For more information about this relay, including contact ratings and wiring instructions, click here.
For installations with two or more door stations needing door release functionality, the RY-3DL multi-door release adaptor is required. For more information about this relay, including contact ratings and wiring instructions, click here.
- If the lock opens: The contacts of the master station may be compromised. Contact Aiphone Technical Support if you suspect the unit needs to be seen for repair.
- If the lock does not open: The lock, it’s power supply, or the wire may be the issue and additional troubleshooting may be needed outside of the Aiphone equipment.
The same test may be done if the RY-24L or RY-3DL relay is used by shorting the BROWN and ORANGE wires on the RY-24L, or the NO / COM connections on the RY-3DL. For more information about the RY-24L, click here to view its installation manual. For more information about the RY-3DL, click here to view its installation manual.
- Bring the door station to the KB-3MRD and connect the A1/A2 terminals on the door station to the A1/A2 connections on the master station. This test will help verify the integrity of the wire, the wiring distance and the hardware.
- Ensure wiring distance between door and master station is within 650′(200m) and is without outside eletrical interference caused by high voltage wires ran in parallel with the intercom wires, or environmental interference such as exposed wire or standing water in a conduit.
- Meter the power supply of the KB-3MRD, checking for ~24v DC. Also verify that this power supply is not being shared with 3rd party devices, such as a door lock. For more information about the power requirements of the KB Series, click here to view its installation manual.
The #4 switch (unlabeled in the diagram above) needs to be turned on for the last station in the system; that is the termination switch.
If connectors were unseated and needed to be plugged in fully, please turn the power switch off and on again to reinitialize the unit.