Listed below are the most frequently asked questions for the JKW-IP Adaptor. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for please contact our Technical Support team.
To view the IS-IP Series, click here.
To recover and associate the Encryption Key
- Click the “Settings” button and accept any security warnings. You may also manually log into the JKW-IP adaptor by typing its IP Address in a web browser. The default address is https://192.168.0.30 . Note that the “s” is required when typing “https” as the JKW-IP adaptor will refuse the connection if it is not secure.
- In the User tab, next to Download Encryption Key click the Download button.
- Click the Save button in the File Download window that opens.
- Choose a memorable destination located on the user’s hard drive and click Save, then close the browser. It is recommended that the location of the file is kept in a place other than the desktop to avoid the file being deleted or moved again.
- In the JKW-IP software, right click the adaptor in the Adaptor display and choose the Encryption Key option from the drop-down menu.
- Click the […] button and navigate to the location saved in the previous step and choose the file, then click the Save button.
Another possible situation is ambient noise, such as an air conditioner or fan, is being picked up by the microphone while in communication with the door station. The JKW-IP will prioritize the computer’s microphone and transmit audio over the door station in this case, as if someone was trying to speak. To mitigate this issue, a headset can be used in place of speakers, or using push-to-talk will resolve the issue.
- In the ‘PC Application’ section, turn UPnP on, which will use default values for each field.
- Disable any local firewalls (including Windows Defender and any anti-virus) for a short time and test again. If the video and audio data come through without the firewall enabled, the Network Administrator may need to make exceptions to the firewall to allow the required data to reach the software.
With the JKW-IP powered on, locate and remove the triangle shaped sticker on the back of the unit.
- Using a thin bladed screwdriver or similar tool, press and hold the rest switch for 5 to 8 seconds.
- Reconnect any disconnected wires and network connection and begin reprogramming the system.