Listed below are the most frequently asked questions for the JK Series. If you are unable to find the information you are looking for please contact our Technical Support team.
To view JO Series, click here.
To view a list of all JK Series stations, click here.
Note: The JK Series offers a distance booster between the door station and master station, part number JKW-BA, which extends the maximum wiring distances up to a total of 980’. However, there is not an option to increase the maximum wiring distances between the master station and sub master stations.
The RY-18L is always recommended when using door release, regardless of power requirements, to protect the JK station from power surges or other power-related events. For more information about this relay, including contact ratings and wiring instructions, click here.
- If the lock opens: The contacts of the master station may be compromised. Contact Aiphone Technical Support if you suspect the unit needs to be seen for repair.
- If the lock does not open: The lock, it’s power supply, or the wire may be the issue and additional troubleshooting may be needed outside of the Aiphone equipment.
The same test may be done if the RY-18L is used by shorting the BROWN and ORANGE wires on the RY-18L. For more information about the RY-18L, click here to view its installation manual.
- Bring the door station to the JK-1MED and connect the A1/A2 terminals on the door station to the A1/A2 connections on the master station. This test will help verify the integrity of the wire, the wiring distance and the hardware.
- Ensure wiring distance between door and master station is within 330′(100m) and is without outside eletrical interference caused by high voltage wires ran in parallel with the intercom wires, or environmental interference such as exposed wire or standing water in a conduit.
- Meter the power supply of the JK-1MED, checking for ~18v DC. Also verify that this power supply is not being shared with 3rd party devices, such as a door lock. For more information about the power requirements of the JK Series, click here to view its installation manual.
- Use the “push-to-talk” answering method, by pressing and holding the “talk” button for about 2 seconds when answering an incoming call. Doing this will enable a “walkie talkie” method of communication, where the person at the master station must press the talk button down in order to speak. The person at the door station will not have to press anything to reply, however, they cannot speak when the master station is transmitting audio.
If communication is regained or improved, the environment may be too loud for this series of door station.